Monday, May 31, 2010
Usually my Karma is good: today... not so much. First, the french press coffee carafe broke in two in the middle of brewing. Next, even though I DUMP OUT my purse on the counter at 7-11, I CANNOT find the coffee punch card.. the one that I refused to let my husband keep in his wallet, for fear he would loose it ... then,2 blocks away from the store - SPLASH! Coffee all over my shirt.. then to our son's house, to pick up him, his daughter and their laundry and drop them at our house. Then it is straight to Wal Mart, which is uneventful, except we can't remember where we parked - and it starts pouring rain... then we stop at the store for a bag of ice, which I offer to run in for. I went straight to the freezer, grabbed a bag and slung it out - and ice went everywhere... the checkout girl was muttering under her breath while I was trying to kick the ice out of the aisle. Finally back in the car I asked my husband, Paul, if he would like an iced tea or something while we were there. 'No' he said. 'I'm going to have a glass of scotch when we get home. 'Shouldn't you eat breakfast first?' I asked. He glances at the car clock - 10 AM. 'Maybe it IS a little too early.' We head for our other son's house, he answers the door, and steps outside to greet us. His son, Kyle comes to the door, looks out, discovers it is Nana & Papa - and slams the door shut in our face.. he doesn't feel like company today, I guess.. Thank goodness I can go to work tomorrow - Holidays are hard on a girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment