Thursday, January 25, 2018
Bedtime for Bonzo
The best time to talk with a guy is at night, right before they go to sleep. A guy will tell you exactly what is on his heart, if you wait until that quiet time when night is closing in, and the house is quieting down. When my son, Chase, was little we would snuggle in my big bed for a while and talk. I would tell stories and we would make plans for the future. Then his big brother, Zac, would come in and take him to his room for bed.
My room was at the front of the house, and had a large window that faced East. We didn't have air conditioning, so in the summer months, I would have my bed right up against the window, in order to get all the fresh air I could.
One evening when Chase was about 5, we stretched out on my bed for our nightly time together. The only light was from a small lamp in the far corner of the room. Chase was lying between me and window, half asleep, listening to me tell a bedtime story and enjoying the cool night breeze. All was blissfully calm and quiet, when suddenly, out of nowhere, there was a MASSIVE crash against the window! In the moonlight we could make out a hairy shape, plastered against the still vibrating screen and screaming like a banshee! It took a couple of seconds for my petrified brain could assimilate what my popped-out eyeballs were seeing - it was a cat! The stupid family cat, yowling like crazy, trying to get someone to let him inside!
'Stupid cat!' I thundered, kicking at the window - then it dawned on me!
Chase had vanished! But before I could yell for help, I felt something move underneath me. I rolled to the side, and there was Chase! In the nanosecond when the hairy apparition sprang onto the window, Chase had somehow managed to deflate himself to the thickness of a sheet of paper and had slid underneath me for protection! How in the world could he have done that?? And he also had to lift my body up high enough to slide underneath! He would have needed a car jack for that feat alone!
But somehow me made managed to do just that, and when I got up, his body slowly began to inflate. By the time Zac came for him, he was his normal size and shape, no harm done.
Of course, I DID have to change the sheets...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment