My Counter

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Go East, Old People!

The Big Move .. We are moving to South Carolina! In just a few weeks! And we are driving there from Washington State! If I really stop and think about it, it is overwhelming! So I decided to start by packing the priceless inventory in the garage, the stuff I have moved from place to place over the years, the stuff that cannot be replaced! One of a kind,unique items that help define me as a person! But, to my surprise, when I unpacked the dust covered boxes from the garage, my priceless, unique knick-knacks had turned into yard sale junk!! How could this be?? Evidently the garage is in the center of some kind of evil-backwards vortex, which changes objects de' art into objects de' trash-o! So, at this point, it looks like I am only taking my books and my clothes ... On a lighter note, there actually are condos for rent on the beach! We don't want to rent any vacation homes, just something cozy facing the sand. My poor hubby either has to make fistfuls of money or rob a bank, and since he is a God fearing man, he says he will just work his fingers to the bone, in order to keep me in the style I would like to become accustomed to! LOL, just kidding. Paul is the hardest working, kindest, smartest, funniest guy I have ever known! Just the fact that he will even consider high priced on-the-beach apartments is so cool! I have tried to bribe kids and grandkids from WA state to come with me, but no one has taken the bait. It will just be me and Paul, and the sand and surf, lazy evenings in hammocks being lulled to sleep by the ocean's bucolic song, or maybe chasing each other around the dunes until we fall, locked in an embrace ... hey, maybe I don't need extra people underfoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment