Most mornings when we head out for work, we will stop at the local convenience store so Paul can get a cup of coffee with the flavored stuff in it. I usually just wait in the car, practicing my texting skills .. which are kinda lame. But one day I decided to have a fresh cup of joe myself, so I followed Paul into the store. I got my coffee and started toward the front, where Paul was next in line for the cashier. All of a sudden I hear the girl behind the counter squeal with glee – ‘My favorite customer!’ she gushed, bouncing up and down and clapping her hands … because My Husband Paul had stepped up to the counter! I looked at him, he glanced at me and turned pink. The lady kept laughing and talking, then started dancing because she is ‘so happy to SEE’ My Husband Paul..
I walked up beside him as he was taking cash out of his wallet. ‘Your money is no good here!’ she said, with her lips all pouty. I placed my coffee next to his … she rang mine up. I looked at him – his face was a deep red, and he was sputtering like an outboard motor. ‘Aackkg!’ he managed to gasp as she made change for his five. He held out his punch card, which she snatched playfully from his trembling hand. ‘It’s free punch Tuesday!’ she beamed, and then punched his card 7 or 8 times and she winked and smiled. If I had been Supergirl, there would have been 2 laser beam, smoking holes in Paul’s temple from my stare. His face was beyond purple as he crammed the punch card in his wallet and fled the store. I calmly followed him out, while the girl leaned over the counter, waving goodbye at My Husband Paul.
To be fair, he is the kind of guy who does not realize what a catch he is, so while we continued the drive to work, I explained, gently and clearly, why I would hope to NEVER have to witness a cashier flirting so openly with My Husband Paul again. He immediately assured me that I would not be put in such a position in the future.
.. now he gets his coffee AFTER he drops me off..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment