Thursday, May 3, 2012
The First Step in Our Big Move
MY HUSBAND IS UNEMPLOYED! But it's ok, he did it on purpose. He worked for the state, and had a small 401k that we decided to cash out, in order to finance our big move to South Carolina. The paperwork said it would take about 90 days to get the check, so we counted back and came up with a date in April for his two week notice to begin. Then we found out that it would actually be less than a week and we would have the check in hand. So now I have a husband at home who has not been unemployed in years! This means that we have lots of time to do stuff together.. or apart, whichever works best. :) We DO have fun together, and he is very attentive and funny. We read together, nap together, take long walks in the rain together, poke dead things with sticks ... oh, sorry, that last one is only me. He is a hoot, and the smartest person I know, but he does not like the thought of his own cell phone! I am trying to get him to get one so I can text him. He says he will get a cell, but NO TEXTING. How can he not want to text?? I love doing that - and TWEETING! I LOVE tweeting, and follow several political commentators, sending them snide remarks! I also email the White House to put an oar in whenever something big is on the horizon. Paul says that is cool, as long as the secret service do not show up on the front lawn. I said that would be OK as long as their 'dates' stay in the car.. we do have a family neighborhood here, after all. It is so much fun to just have me and Paul in the house alone, and him not having to dash off to work! I know it wont last long, so I am enjoying Big Daddy's company till employment starts back up. We will head out in about 6 weeks, so the countdown has begun. I posted a picture of the boxes I have already packed. I got empty boxes from the local liquor store and Paul's former work, so it looks like an alcoholic IT guy is getting ready to move! :)This is the biggest adventure we have ever had, and almost overwhelming, so I am taking it one day/box at a time. But right now there is a dead cat across the street that needs poking - TTYL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment