My Counter

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho its off to work I go

We have a nice big yard radiating out from our front porch. Nice and green, very inviting for the family to play, dip in the pool, BBQ, and the like. We have about 20 feet of sidewalk running from the bottom step to the gate at the edge of the property. Each morning Paul and I get our coffee, sunglasses and briefcases and go down the 3 steps, over the sidewalk and through the gate. This morning Paul had the day off, so I was flying solo. I grabbed my gear, kissed him goodbye and started out the door. On the porch I had to step over Nemo, the golden Lab: on the steps were 2 towels, from the last dip in the pool yesterday evening. I looked at the sidewalk: there was a bike with only one training wheel, 2 skateboards, a huge Tonka dump truck, a floatie, a pair of socks and an extension cord – all on the sidewalk! Not in the grass, not by the fence, but lined up on the sidewalk, like an obstacle course laid out just for Nana. The grass is pristine but wet. My hands are full. So I have to use my best Geriatric Matrix moves to make it to the gate. The neighbors can only see me from the waist up, so it looks like I am doing Tia Chi on the way to the Lincoln.. and of course Rascal the cat was escorting me off the property like a bouncer with an unruly patron, weaving in and out of my legs like a snake! BLEEPING cat! When I finally made it to the office, my peeps greet me with ‘What’s up?’
My blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment