This is the most bizarre event that has ever happened to our family, and the story you are about to read is real!
Night before last, Paul and I are sawing logs at 3 AM when I awoke. I could see the shadowy outline of my grandson, Little Zac, reaching for my cell phone on the dresser (probably so he can text his girlfriend, I am thinking.). I rose up on one elbow and said ‘What the BEEP are you doing? Go back to bed!’ and lay back down. After a few minutes I heard him in the kitchen, grabbing a midnight snack and then nothing but the usual household-of-8-people noises. Just before 6, Paul got up and there was Little Zac, asleep in the living room. Paul told him to go upstairs to his room. I was still asleep at that point, but within one minute the entire house erupted!! Screaming, running, yelling, cursing – my daughter Elanea kicked in the bedroom door like Rambo and tossed the toddlers on the bed, Little Zac sprang in the bedroom dialing 911, 11 yr old Aalyiha climbed up around my neck screaming and crying and then Medium Zac, my 17 yr old stepson jumped in, grabbed the shotgun and started loading shells as he ran upstairs! I hear Elanea’s husband Kye yelling ‘He’s got a gun!’ as I ran barefoot to the van with 3 kids in my arms.
When the dust settled, here is what happened: some time in the wee hours, a burglar decided to rob us. He managed to gain entry through the back patio door and began to gather loot ever so quietly. Since there is ALWAYS someone awake at our house, the sound of a person walking around, opening doors and such did not wake anyone up. It was the robber that was in my room, scoping it out and he was the one that got a midnight snack!! He had found the smokes and had a couple, raided the freezer and had a bag-o-meat ready to go. He was strung out on something, because he gathered our valuables and put them in piles (some in bags and such) but then he decided to take a break from robbing us and went upstairs on Little Zac’s bed and WENT TO SLEEP!! When Paul woke Little Zac up it looked like we had been robbed, and Paul, Little Zac & Kye were starting to investigate when the crook was discovered in Little Zac’s bed – WITH NEMO THE GUARD DOG ASLEEP ACROSS HIS LEGS! That dog is so BLEEPING fired! They tackled him and he had a pistol of some sort, which my Hero-Husband took away from him, then they held him there at shotgun point until the police arrived – which was in , like, 2 minutes! And evidently he fell against the dresser as they were disarming him … several times … because when the police arrived, he was begging to be arrested. LOL!! THEN he was carted off to the big County Lockdown, where my oldest son, Andrew, is the Sergeant! I almost feel sorry for the guy… He had smoked our smokes, eaten our food and slept in our bed.
Goldilocks on crack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment