We have had strep throat at our house! Terrible disease and we all caught it, with me being the last one. I had to go as a walk in to my doctor, which took forever, but I got the meds, picked up some asprin and headed home for the day. My grandson Drake is 3 and Paul and I live with him and his family. When he arrived home from daycare he was very surprised to see Nana under a blanket in her favorite chair. He and I have our own little routine. Every day, when Paul and I get home, he is already there and waiting for us. He will then tell his Papa whether or not he was good at daycare. If he was good, he gets a little piece of chocolate. If he ‘didn’t listen’, then he has to forgo the treat. After he has collected his bounty, I always say ‘Hey, I need my boy!’ and he climbs in my lap and we talk about his day. So, the fact that Nana was already home was a little confusing. His Dad said ‘Nana is sick, so she came home early today.’ Drake walked over next to my chair and gently started patting my arm.
‘Nana?’ He said. ‘Do you need your boy?’
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment