That little brat Kyeli! That child is so strong willed! She absolutely flabbergasts me to no end! Yesterday she had a small carton of milk, the little individual sized one. She drank almost all of it, and then toddled over to show her Papa that it was ‘Gone gone’ by turning it upside down .. on the carpet. ‘It’s all gone gone now..’ Paul said dryly. ‘Kyeli’ I said, ‘go throw that in the garbage.’
‘wha?’ she said, still holding it upside down and letting every last drop hit the floor.
‘Go put that in the garbage.’ I said in a stern voice. She just smiled and stood there. ‘Kyeli! Throw that in the garbage right now!’ I used my Very Stern Voice this time. She kept smiling and started walking toward the kitchen at a pace that a snail would have called slow. ‘Don’t you make me get up!’ I put my hands on the arm of the chair as if I was about to jump to my feet. She was in the kitchen doorway, grinning, holding the carton toward the trash. ‘KYELI!’ I thundered and stood up. She disappeared around the corner. I walked in the kitchen. There she stood, next to the garbage can, holding the carton over it and grinning from ear to ear, just waiting to see if I would actually walk in there and enforce my will! I think I surprised her, because she said ‘Oh-uh!’ dropped it like a hot potato and ran to her Papa. What a brat!! Of course she cannot be disciplined, because she makes it to the Sanctuary of her Papa. At least, that is the rule that has been in place, but I came in the other day and there she was, in Papa’s lap, both of them with popsicles – but they were both very upset! Kyeli found a sewing needle on the floor, and Papa yelled for her to hold still, which scared her and made her cry, which made HIM cry! So they were both holding onto each other, sniffing and eating popsicles, looking forlorn. Paul is so tenderhearted towards those grandbabies! He is a bear of a man, a Parole Officer for Washington State and an ex-cop AND ex-military – but put a little one on his lap and he melts into a puddle of bubbly ooze.
Which melts ME into a puddle of bubbly ooze, so it works out great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment