My Counter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mama's Little Helper

I have 6 children: 4 boys and 2 girls. Now that they are all grown, life is easier in some areas.. but not all. The Baby, Chase, is getting married, and that is turning out to be kind of hard for me, because even though he is in his mid 20’s, 6’5” tall and WAY over 200 lbs, I remember when he was just a wee one, wearing his thick glasses and goofy smile, terrorizing his older brothers at every chance. And how many times did he get caught? Not many, because he was The Baby, so naturally suspicion would not fall on him! It had to be one of older ne’er do wells, trying to place the blame on Poor, Innocent Chase. And Chase would drop a dime on them on a moment’s notice – he was Mama’s Little Helper, snitching when the Band O’ Brothers snuck in cigarettes or a girly magazine. Of course they would threaten him with every form of death imaginable, but Chase knew His Mama would protect him! It seems like it was only yesterday I was lining up the usual suspects, with the evidence laid out in front of them, demanding an explanation while Little Chase hid behind my skirts snickering to himself as Judgment was Passed. For some reason it seemed like I was the only person who believed that Chase would be innocent of any crime. After the sentence was handed down, I would hear the boys in the back yard, talking to each other:
CHASE: (hanging out the window, giggling) Woo, woo – you got in trouble!
ZAC: You little punk! YOU’RE the one who did it! I can’t believe we got in trouble for that!
NOAH: You little BLEEP, you are gonna wish to BLEEP you had never BLEEPING done that!
ANDREW: Please, God, tell me that I was adopted…
CHASE: (sounds of a struggle) Mama! Noah’s got the duct tape – help! Help!He-uummmph!!
.. And the cycle starts again

No comments:

Post a Comment