My Counter

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Husband

My husband is easily flustered! One day we were driving down the road and I asked 'Do guys like long hair?' 'Wha..? What do you mean?' he replied. 'Just what I said - do guys like long hair?'. Paul swallowed hard and his eyes darted around the dashboard, as if seeking a sign. After a moment of nervous silence I asked him 'What's wrong? Why won't you tell me?' He glanced at my short hair and blurted out 'Is that a trick question?"....
The other night we were watching a progam about Alaska on the nature channel. Paul said 'If I ever have to get away, that is where I would go.' 'What do you mean by that?' I asked. He laughed nervously 'Ahh.. nothing.. just..aackgh!' 'So, let me get this straight' I continued. ' If you ever go out for a pack of cigarettes and don't return, I should look for your sorry BLEEP in Alaska?'
Paul jumped off the couch and ran out of the room, sputtering like an outboard motor. I promised him when we got married that I would only use my power over him for good - but I lied!

No comments:

Post a Comment