My Counter

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Southern Belle (or was that 'bellhop')

We love going home at night! Most folks do, I know, but at our house it is especially good to walk through the front door after a long day at work. Paul and I ride together, so we arrive at home together, and as he is opening the front gate for me you can hear the kids start yelling ‘Nana, Papa!’ and scrambling off the porch, out of the pool, running from all directions to greet their Nana and Papa! Right behind them is their beautiful Mom, our daughter Elanea, usually wore out from work herself but still lined up for hugs and kisses from Mama. Her husband, Kye, usually has something on the stove for dinner so I don’t have to race home to cook – thank goodness! Not that I am not a GREAT cook, it’s just that my favorite thing to make for supper is reservations, so they have all learned not to expect too much from my corner. So when I make it through the front door, I can just relax, watch TV, play with young 'uns or get on the computer. Usually after a little while playing with the babies, Paul will head for the Scotch and I will head for the computer. Elanea will join me occasionally, and we will surf the web and Google stuff together, just generally enjoying each other’s company. Elanea is so beautiful, just like her big sister Angie, and sharp as a tack. Of course we come from a long line of Southern Belles, so her beauty and sophistication is no surprise. Just the other day, I was at the computer, finishing a blog installment when she walked up. I noticed that she did not have her glasses on, so I said, ‘want me to read it to you?’ She smiled and burped the reply ‘yes, please!’ as she wiped her chin on her sleeve. I had a catch in my throat – Mama’s Angel, all growed up! And it looks like her daughters are going to be just like her!(sniff)I’m so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment