My Counter

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the truck

We have decided to sell the truck. Now, this is the really old truck, the’ project’ truck, the one we got for a song and were going to fix up, paint, all that… the truck that we never actually got to run, and got a notice from the city for having a ‘junk vehicle’ parked in front of the house for…
Anyway, Paul says ‘I think I am going to sell the truck. I am going to take pictures of it this afternoon and put it on that ‘List ‘web site and see if I can get $500 for it.’ ‘Sounds good – but if you are posting pictures, what are you going to do about all the trash in the back?’ The idea was that when we DID get the truck running, our Maiden Voyage would be to the local Landfill. Of course, that plan was made 2 years ago. So the truck – which has a REALLY BIG bed! – has bags of leaves, dead rose plants, weeds, old fencing, decaying decorative bark, and a Christmas tree … from 2009 …all stacked neatly in the back.
‘Be sure to put ‘$500.00, AS IS!’ in the ad’ I said.
‘But what if they want the garbage dumped first?’
‘Then the price is $700…. we may have to haggle.’
Paul cursed loudly and shook his fist in the air. He is good at a lot of things, but haggling ain’t one of them. I can hear the conversation now..
PAUL: ‘Yep, it’s $500 - AS IS.’
PROSPECTIVE BUYER: ‘What about the garbage?’
PAUL: ‘Well .. ah, we … that is –‘
PROSPECTIVE BUYER: ‘And the thing don’t even run! How are we gonna get it home, push it?’
PAUL: ‘Ha ha.. I, ah .. you see, the thing is ..’
PROSPECTIVE BUYER: ‘And who is gonna pay for the tags? And the dump bill?! Come on!’
PAUL: ‘Look - how much is it gonna cost me for you to haul the BLEEPING thing outta my yard?’
Stupid truck – never really liked it anyway…

No comments:

Post a Comment